Looking for ways to boost your prayer life this Lent? Take advantage of these opportunities from Catholic Campus Ministry!
- Grab one of the free Word Among Us Lenten guides from the table by the chapel entry. These booklets contain the scripture readings and reflections for every day during Lent.
- Spend time with Jesus! We have Eucharistic Adoration on Tuesdays from 12-1 pm, Wednesdays from 8-9 pm (with Evening Prayer and Benediction), and Thursdays from 12-1 pm. Of course you can always come by the chapel any time during the day to spend quality time with our Eucharistic Lord in the tabernacle.
- Go to Mass! Of course you should always go on Sundays (we have Mass at 4:00 pm), but why not join us for our weekday Mass on Fridays at 12:15 pm? Then join us for lunch afterward (remember, no meat on Fridays in Lent).
- Join a small group Bible Study to draw closer to God through His word! Check out our small group schedule this semester.
- Pray the Stations of the Cross. We will be praying this ancient devotion commemorating Christ’s passion every Friday during Lent at 3:00 pm. Meet in the chapel — we will pray outdoors on campus if the weather is nice.
- Pray the Rosary! Come to Mass half an hour early on Sundays to join us in the rosary. We also have a Spanish Rosary group that meets Thursdays at 5:00 pm. You can pray the rosary at any time on your own — we have free rosaries and instructional pamphlets available at CCM.
- Go on Retreat! Sign up for our Spring Retreat this April 3-5 — Holy Week with the Saints. The registration deadline is March 19, so sign up today.
Of course there are many other ways you can pray on your own. It is important to spend personal time with God each day in prayer. But it is also a great benefit to pray with one another (and for one another) as we draw closer to God as members of His Body, the Church.